I didn’t get as much done today as I had planned. Isn’t that always the way? I finally started feeling a bit better yesterday (I’ve been suffering with bronchitis for the past two months) so we went out to dinner with friends and had such a lovely time. Consequently, I slept a bit later this morning than I had intended!
I did get the waistband attached but the hem will have to be done one evening this week. My challenge was having the sequins on the exterior of the waistband with a more comfortable fabric on the inside. My first idea was to join the sequined fabric to a solid black knit but thought the seam at the top might be bulky. As I was studying the fabric, an idea came to me to use the edge of the fabric where several inches of tulle were free of sequins.
From the outside, it looks like a fitted waistband.
The inside of the waistband is nice and soft. I used 1” non-roll elastic. Another thing I learned was that serging was not a problem as long as I only used the left needle.
I’m really pleased with the way this turned out! It will be both chic and comfortable to wear to the wedding plus I can see me wearing it with a white t-shirt and leather jacket to more casual events.