I am so glad I went with this fur instead of the longer-haired one because I think it looks so much better with the denim. The collar went together very quickly and easily. I once again used the black stretch satin lining from Gorgeous Fabrics. What a pleasure it is to sew!
Instead of using buttons and loops to attach the collar, I attached it with small snaps (seven in total).
After losing one of the jacket’s original buttons last year, I replaced them with these Paco Despacio sterling and lapis buttons from my stash. I think they still work so I’m going to leave them.
You can see how the diagonal patches at the collar point hide the original collar very nicely.
The cuffs are just straight strips of fur faced with the same lining fabric. I couldn’t use snaps here (they would show if I wanted to wear the jacket plain) so I used large diagonal basting stitches instead. The stitches are hidden inside the turned back cuffs. Notice that I made the cuffs a little wider than the jacket’s cuffs. Fur cuffs should not be wimpy. :-)
I’m sorry to say this might be my only sewing this week. Last weekend we demo’d Bryan’s guest bath and I promised him I’d lay the floor tile this weekend. I hate weekends without sewing!