I’ve stitched the darts in the back and in the bodice. The front edges have been finished and the facing is on. I decided on a narrow facing instead of a bias binding since I didn’t have a lot of scraps left.
The bias strips for the ties have been cut and are ready to be pieced and sewn. I had hoped to use the border for the ties but there wasn’t enough (the fabric only had a border on one side) which is fine since bias ties hang better anyway.
I should have this finished in the next day or two. I can’t wait to wear it! As I said in a previous post, I wished I’d had several of these last summer. So, I have already picked out fabric for my next version. This is a crinkled silk chiffon that I bought at Kashi’s 3 or 4 years ago. It’s really beautiful and I am happy to have finally found the perfect pattern for it.