Some of you may remember me saying that I’d purchased a 2nd coverstitch machine – a flatbed – some months ago. Well, my friend (and mechanic extraordinaire) has been busy (as have I) so I didn’t pester him about the machine. I stopped by the shop last Wednesday to drop off some fabric and was excited that the machine was being delivered that afternoon. He finished building the stand yesterday and DH brought her home this morning. He wants to know what in the world is inside this machine that makes it so unbelievably heavy (the stand actually has steel reinforcement rods). I guess weight of the metal parts and the casting add up. Still, it’s hard to believe that this weighs so much more than my walking-foot machine. I told him to be thankful we have a single-story house!
Since I’ll use the flatbed much more than the binder, I upgraded to the 8800 series. Not that I’ll ever need it but it will sew 6000 stitches per minute. Yikes!
And now that’s it, I’m officially out of space. I’m sure my husband is thankful for that!
She’s all set up and ready to go and I just realized I forgot to put the rubber feet on the stand. :-O Fiddle dee dee, I’ll think about that tomorrow. I don’t dare ask DH to lift this tank twice in one day!