Whew, I have been super-busy this past week! The landscaping in the front is finished but I still have to rewire the courtyard lighting – photos to come. I also had to get ready for Bryan’s mother’s visit this past weekend which meant finishing the painting and sewing a duvet cover and pillow shams. I know the colors seem a bit über-neutral but I liked the way these fabrics worked with the existing dust ruffle and shams. Plus, they were sooo cheap: I made both for around $25! I am so glad I sew.
A special thank-you goes out to my friend Jim who gave me the treadle base and amazing slab of granite for the bedside table.
The shams are supposed to have buttons on the ends but I ran out of time. These are the fastest, easiest shams you will ever make. I kid you not, I made both in about 20 minutes! They are really nothing more than a long pillowcase. I bound the edges in the same microsuede that I used for the bed ruffle.
Yesterday, I got back to work on my Petals In The Breeze top which I finally finished this evening. I found these beautiful black rhinestone buttons in my stash so I decided to use button loops at the center front.
The contrast was sewn right side to the wrong side of the bodice and then flipped out and topstitched. I used a standard facing at the back. All of the hems were done on my blindstitch machine – very quick and easy.
I have also traced off quite a few patterns this past week so I’m going to cut a few more things cut out tonight. We are going on a little vacation soon so I’ll need some cute new tops to wear. I bought four pair of shorts this weekend because I just couldn’t get excited about sewing shorts. Besides, in the time it takes to sew a pair of shorts I can make at least two tops!