As I mentioned in my previous post, I wanted to make another quick version of Jalie 2449. Here I’ve used a really pretty knit that I think came from Gorgeous Fabrics but I’m not 100% sure. I’m going to save the leftovers because this print would be really pretty for binding a black solid, don’t you think?
I didn’t feel like coverstitching so I just used my blindstitch machine to finish the hems. Many people don’t realize that a blindstitch has built-in stretch – perfect for knits!
I had some nice hairpipe beads in my stash that I wanted to use on the cord ends but the holes were much too small so I decided to simply knot the ends this time.
I already have my next project planned out – if only I could find the fabric! I know it’s here somewhere… It’s a beautiful silk piece that Ann picked up for me at Kashi’s last summer. If I don’t find it I will just use one of the new pieces I bought from Gorgeous Fabrics last week.
As an aside, I think this new sewing system of mine is going to work out pretty well. I will alter and cut out my projects on the weekend so that I can sew a little whenever I have time during the week. It’s just too overwhelming to start a project at night when I am tired but quite relaxing to do the actual sewing for an hour or two. This is how I sewed when Jess was little (I was very productive then!) – wish I’d gone back to it sooner. My goal is to make one garment every week.