Elle has tagged me! I’m honored as I find it so interesting to read about all of my wonderful sewing sisters. Thanks for thinking of me. :-)
1) What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was running my 1 year old embroidery business, teaching sewing on the side and spending my free time traveling around to my son’s baseball and hockey games. Not much time for myself in those days!
2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
1. Sew two work tops
2. Tidy up my sewing room
3. Have a picnic dinner on the beach with my BF
4. Go to JoAnn’s to pick up the new Threads
3) Snacks I enjoy: Cheese, grapefruit, real black licorice, chocolate
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
I will answer this as if I were to suddenly come into a fortune! I already live a very good life so that wouldn’t change too much, I’d just pump up the volume a bit. :-)
1. Travel the world
2. Become a philanthropist!
3. Sell my marital home and buy a great place that’s all mine. Naturally, it would have a huge whirlpool tub overlooking my very own woods, a gigantic closet, a steam room and a wine cellar. My sewing room would be an enormous workroom with it’s own kitchen and bath – also overlooking my woods.
4. Said closet would be filled with fabulous shoes and bags
5. Buy a Corvette while I’m still young enough not to look foolish in one ;-)
6. Buy that house on the slopes in Steamboat Springs that I covet every time I’m on the lift. I would spend wonderful snowy Christmases there with my loved ones (kitties, too!) every year.
5) Places I have lived
Köln, Germany – my birthplace!
San Francisco, CA
El Paso, TX
6) Jobs I have had:
1. McDonald’s worker (ugh)
2. Bill collector
3. Bank teller
4. Pharmaceutical market research analyst
5. Market research project manager
6. Sewing teacher
7. Embroidery shop owner
8. Restaurant owner/manager
9. Merchandiser (my current, interim job – I’m still looking)
7) 6 peeps I wanna know more about
Everyone I’d like to tag has already been tagged so I’m at a loss here…